Wednesday 9 March 2011

walk in the rain


Like I said in an earlier post I take every opportunity to walk in the rain because not only it does not rain that much in the winter it does not rain at all in the summer. Some people most probably would like that it's great for doing you're drying washing and the kids don’t need many clothes. But I love the rain wet windy and that lovely smell of wet ground.




On this walk I saw an amazing rainbow so clear against the dark clouds







There so many flowers and blossoms out its a cameras delight .


We have many ancient oak trees on the Kibbutz. I was told once that a long time ago and I mean along time the oak tree was revered and that people planted them near where they buried the dead in catacombs.


These are some mulberry trees that are not far from our house where the boys love to go and pick so tasty and talking about tasty we have a shop on the kibbutz that makes hand made chocolate really scrummy and what better time then a cold rainy spring day to indulge oneself.


6 comments:

  1. I also love the rain! I love the way it sounds on the roof, I love the way everything smell after it rains, I love how bright and alive everything is after it rains! Your beautiful pics and comments reflected my feelings. Thanks for sharing!

    I loved the chocolate idea, too!

    http://hereslivinthedream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Portland, Oregon and it rains here all winter. Most people get tired of it but I still love it!

    Plus I think flowers photograph so much better when it is a bit cloudy- your pics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy

    I found your blog on the rewind.

    I am really enjoying reading about your life and where you live.

    Chocolate is universal, isn't it?

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love walking in the rain too. Nothing better than then going home to a snug house.

    Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping in from Rewind to say hello.
    I love rain though we rarely do get them in Phoenix, Arizona. I enjoy the lovely photos.
    Mila from http://hereundertherainbow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, from the rewind at fibro.

    no rain on my suede.....your post caught my eye. love the pics, amazing rainbow shots.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a few words, I love to know what youre thinking.