Wednesday 26 December 2012

Starting a new page with a new day

And what a lovely day it is, sun is shining birds are singing  I wish I could say all is right with the world.as this lovely prayer goes


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

4 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    Thank you for posting this, I actually have this framed and hanging in my office. My wife was recently one of many shoppers at our local mall that had been locked in one of the stores hiding from a gunman while he ran through shooting innocent victims as they shopped. I have so much to be thankful for and truly am supremely happy that he watches over us.
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, hope you're doing well; the poem is lovely and has always been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish it would all come true.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a few words, I love to know what youre thinking.